Are you looking for a great student job? The Colorado State University Police Department offers a Campus Service Officer position that provides a great environment for learning about law enforcement. See the job description and apply by Monday, February 3rd, 2020! Interviews will be on Saturday, February 8th, 2020 if you can not make this day there will be no other opportunity. There are also two MANDATORY training days on Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 and Sunday, February 23rd, 2020.
- Perform a campus-wide walk service seven nights a week between the hours of 6 p.m. through 1 a.m.
- Work a security contract at the Morgan Library seven nights a week. Hours are 10:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Random preventative foot patrol at University Village, Aggie Village, and International House Apartments seven days a week.
- Positively represent the University and communicate with all campus users to enhance safe commuting, wayfinding, and general information support needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including event security and venue traffic direction. CSOs are expected to work traffic direction at all CSU home football games.
- CSOs are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Most work about 15-20 per week (fall semester) and 10-15 hours per week (spring semester).
- The starting wage for a CSO is $13.50 per hour during training. After training, the wage increases to $14.00 per hour. Subsequent raises are based on cumulative hours worked for CSUPD or assignments requiring advanced training.
- You must be an enrolled CSU student in good standing with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and possess a valid driver’s license. You must be in good health with 20/20 corrected vision and hearing in normal ranges, and be able to walk for the majority of a 2-hour shift. You must be at least 18 years of age, have no felony convictions and must be of good moral character.
- You will be required to pass a qualifying process that consists of an oral interview and a background check. Any false or misleading information on your application is cause for dismissal.
- Once hired, CSOs will receive a minimum of 16 hours of classroom training and a variable
number of hours of on-the-job training.
- Go to the Ramweb Jobs page to fill out the application.
- If selected for an interview there will be an additional background packet to complete prior to the interview.
- Complete the background packet in its entirety. If a block doesn’t apply, mark N/A. If you have military service, attach form DD214.
- Get the background packet NOTARIZED on the last page. Notary services are available at the Lory Student Center, CSUPD and University Parking Services.
INCOMPLETE OR ILLEGIBLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications must be completed by:
No later than 5:00 PM Monday, February 3rd, 2020