Victims and Records

How do I report a sexual assault or similar crimes?

CSU Police Department recognizes that there are several different factors that influence the reporting of these types of incidents. We encourage all members of our community to report crimes immediately by calling 911 or the non-emergency CSU Police Department: 970.491.6425 or Fort Collins Police Services: 970.221.6540. You can always report confidentially and we will assist you by explaining the process, so you can evaluate your options.

You can also contact the CSU Women and Gender Advocacy Center to access other resources or if you need assistance in coming forward. Additionally, the Fort Collins Sex Assault Victims Advocates team and the CSU Counseling Center staff are always available to assist.

  • CSU WGAC:  970.491.6384
  • CSU Victim Assistance Team: 907.492.4242, Available 24/7, 365 days a year
  • Fort Collins SAVA Crisis Hotline:  970.472.4200, Available 24/7, 365 days a year
  • Fort Collins SAVA: 970.472.4204
  • CSU Health Network Counseling Center:  970.491.6053, After hours: 970.491.7111

What are some of my resources if I have been a victim of crime?

CSU Police Department encourages anyone who has been a victim of crime or is seeking assistance to contact us at 970.491.6425. We are always available to assist.

Depending on the nature of the crime and the venue in which it is being investigated or prosecuted, there are many different resources available to members of the community. There are components of CSU Police Department, Residence Life, Apartment Life, Student Affairs, Conflict Resolution Services, the Employee Assistance Program, the Office of Threat Assessment, and the Office of Women’s Programs that all provide resources, their contact information is listed below, or can be found on the Student Affairs website.

What do I do if I get in a car accident?

Colorado state law requires that ALL motor vehicle accidents (including those involving bicycles) be reported immediately to the proper law enforcement authorities. After checking for any injuries and reporting the accident, move all vehicles from traffic if possible.

How do I obtain a copy of my police report?

All Records requests must be made in writing and a pecuniary gains statement signed. The downloadable form is available on line. Please mail, email, or bring to CSUPD at Green Hall. A minimum of 3 business days may be necessary to process your request and produce a copy of the report. If you have any questions, contact the Records office at 970-491-1160.

How long does it take to receive my DUI blood results?

Currently, turnaround time on blood tests is approximately one month.

Low-power Scooter

What is a low-power scooter?

C.R.S. 42-1-102(48.5)(a)

A low-power scooter means a self-propelled vehicle designed primarily for use on the roadways with no more than 3 wheels in contact with the ground, no manual clutch, and either of the following:

(I). A cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty cc if powered by internal combustion.


(II). A wattage not exceeding 4,476 watts if powered by electricity.

What do I need to drive a low-power scooter?

  1. The driver must have a valid driver’s license. C.R.S 42-2-103 (2)(a)
  2. The low-power scooter must be registered and show proof. C.R.S. 42-3-311
  3. The low-power scooter must be insured and show proof. C.R.S. 42-4-1409
  4. The driver and any passenger must wear eye protection. 42-4-232(1)
  5. The low-power scooter is required to meet headlight requirements, a rear lamp, an audible signal device, and a brake to be driven on the roadway. C.R.S 42-4-220


Do I have to register my bicycle?

Yes, all bikes ridden or parked on campus must be registered with the CSU Police Department.

When I pay my bike ticket, where does the money go?

The money generated by bicycle tickets is deposited into a fund which can only be used to purchase items related to bicycle enforcement and education. For example, bicycle racks, bicycle officer uniforms/equipment and educational materials.


Where can I park on campus?

Parking Services is a separate unit within the Division of University Operations. For all parking questions please call Parking Services at 970.491.7041 or refer to their website:

How do I get a job with the police department?

The CSU Police Department routinely hires for many positions, including student and non-student hourly as well as sworn and non-sworn State-classified positions. Openings are announced on the website, and we always encourage people who are interested to stop by and request more information.

Are you the real police?

Yes. CSU Police Department is a full-service law enforcement agency. Officers are duly sworn, and have full authority on all University and State-owned property, as well as the City of Fort Collins and County of Larimer.

When can I get a VIN check done?

VIN checks are the first and third Thursdays of the month from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. by appointment only; walk-ins are not accepted. VIN certifications are $20 and take approximately an hour to complete. Schedule an appointment by calling 970-491-6425. Please bring your driver’s license, current insurance, and registration/title.