We look forward to working in partnership with you. Accordingly, we encourage you to review these safety tips to keep you safe at home or on campus.
- Always keep your items of value (backpack, books, phone, purse, computer, keys, and etc.) with you.
- Always lock your bike to a bike rack.
- If it is late at night SAFE WALK can walk you to your car, residence hall, or house if it is within the service boundaries.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Avoid getting overly involved in handheld electronic devices that may distract your attention.
- Always lock your doors.
- Have your windows locked whenever you are not home.
Residence Hall Safety
- Do not leave your keys in the door knob.
- Do not leave your door open when the room is unattended. This includes you just going to the bathroom
- Keep your door closed and locked while you are sleeping.
- Always keep personal information, access codes, credit cards and other electronic information confidential.
- Keep items of value that are easy to take out of sight.
- Always lock your car.
- Make sure the windows are rolled up.
- Do not leave your car running unattended.
- Do not leave valuable items in your car. If you do, make sure they are not visible.
- Let friends/family/roommate know where you are going and when you plan to be back.
- In the residence halls please do not burn candle or incense. Do not use any open coil appliances.
- Remember to turn off the stove and/or oven in any of the resident hall kitchens or if you are cooking in your apartment.
- Make sure you have a fire extinguisher in your apartment or house.
Reporting Suspicious Situations:
Whenever you see, hear or “feel” that something is not right, error on the side of caution and contact the CSU PD! We would rather be proactive than reactive.