Join our Team
The Colorado State University Police Department is a full-service law enforcement organization. We are committed to working with all stakeholders to maintain a safe environment which supports the academic mission of the University, and the health and wellness of the community. Our Department is comprised of law enforcement, civilian professionals, and student employees who recognize the importance of a guardian-centric approach. In action, this philosophy prioritizes education over enforcement whenever reasonably possible. By collaborating with a variety of campus resources, this wholistic approach places emphasis on student retention and student success, without compromising safety. CSUPD provides a complete range of law enforcement services including 24-hour car/foot/bicycle patrol, community outreach and education, detection and investigation of crimes, make arrests, traffic control, special events management, and crime prevention.
We look forward to meeting you!
Police Officer – Closes February 26, 2021: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/83978
If you have a current POST certification and one year of full-time experience as a police officer with a POST recognized agency. Appropriate education in Psychology, Sociology, Communications, Criminal Justice, Social Justice, Military Science or similar studies will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Close Date: 02/26/2021
Job Description: To fulfill our mission and the University’s mission through training, education, community engagement, active patrol of University properties, crime investigation, identification and resolution of safety/security hazards and problems, assistance to students, staff, faculty and visitors, and handling of accidents and emergencies.
The Police Officer should have a demonstrated guardian-centric mindset, including excellent interpersonal skills and strong orientation toward education, collaboration, service, and teamwork. A strong work ethic, the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and use reasoning and resourcefulness to determine the best process/resource available is a necessary skillset. Must be detail-oriented and capable of producing work of the highest quality and accuracy and exhibit an exceptionally high level of personal and professional ethics.
NOTE: Colorado State University Police Department Officers will be issued a take-home vehicle after successful completion of the Field Training Officer program. Vehicles must remain within a 25 mile radius of the CSU campus.
Current POST certification and one year (full-time, 40 hours/week) of experience as a certified Police Officer with a POST recognized agency.
Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Colorado Driver License
Must have NO:
• Felony convictions
• Domestic violence convictions
• Acquiring more than seven points in the last year and/or more than 12 points within the last two years on a driver’s license.
• Alcohol/drug-related traffic convictions in the last three years and repeat alcohol/drug convictions after the age of 18 within the last ten years.
Substitutions: Appropriate education in Psychology, Sociology, Communications, Criminal Justice, Social Justice, Military Science or similar studies will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
* Please note: Official or unofficial transcripts are required to confirm course work and/ or degree for use of the substitution.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience & competencies (e.g. knowledge, skills, abilities, and other personal characteristics) which have been outlined as essential to performing successfully in this position:
- Completion of an Associate’s or higher level degree from an accredited college or university
- Two or more years of law enforcement experience as a POST certified police officer
- Ability to verbally communicate with both internal and external constituents in a professional and direct manner while maintaining customer service
- Demonstrated attention to detail through diligence and maintaining a high standard for finished work product
- Work experience which encompasses roles requiring leadership and the associated characteristics of a strong leader: accountability, integrity, self-motivation, and a desire to lead others by example
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to establish and build relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and customers
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills to make decisions in emergency/harmful situations as well as the use of problem-solving skills as part of daily work responsibilities
Click HERE to apply and to see the complete job posting