There are two options for registering your bike, in person or online. You must be affiliated to register online. If you are registering online watch the registration information video before completing the registration form. Familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations to ride safely and avoid receiving a ticket.
- There is still a $10 registration fee that will automatically be charged to your student account.
- You will receive an email with a date and time that your sticker may be picked up from the police department. This email may take up to 14 days depending on volume.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
- Note: Registration is COMPLETE when the decal is affixed to the bicycle.
Online Registration Steps
- Watch – Registration Information Video (also embedded below)
- Complete – Online Registration Form
- Read – Bike Rules and Regulations
- Wait for email from CSUPD. Important! Do not come into CSUPD to pick up your sticker until you receive an email.
- Affix decal to bicycle frame (see below) to complete registration process.
Prepare for your ride: Take the CSU Moves training to learn about your local transportation options and key strategies for navigating campus safely and efficiently!
All bicycles ridden or parked on any Colorado State University campus must be registered with the CSU Police Department. This helps to prevent theft and increases the chance of your bicycle being recovered if it is stolen. It also provides contact information for any issues that may arise involving the bicycle, such as relocation due to construction. Registration also serves as proof of ownership for lock-cut services.
Exceptions to registration will only be made for bicyclists who are visitors to one of our campuses. A registration decal, known as a CSU Bicycle License, must be placed on the bicycle and is valid for as long as the decal numbers are readable.
The bicycle registration form can be completed online and printed out, or you may register at CSUPD or The Spoke. The serial number of your bicycle is required and must be recorded. The serial number is usually found in one of five places on your bicycle (see image below). The most common location is on the underside of the bike or number 1 in the image. If the bicycle does not have a serial number, it is the responsibility of the registrant to select a unique number and have it inscribed on the frame. The CSUPD does offer a free inscribing service.
1 – Bottom bracket (underside crank)
2 – Top of Bottom bracket (upper crank)
3 – Chain Stays (left or right side)
4 – Seat Tube (bottom, near crank)
5 – Headset (front of and below handlebars)
The license decal is supplied with an adhesive backing and is to be affixed to the main frame on the down tube of the bicycle. Make sure the area is wiped clean before placing the license on the frame. The license is to be affixed so that it is clearly visible.
If ownership of a registered bicycle changes, the owner must notify CSUPD. Registrations are not transferable. The new owner must ensure that the old Bicycle License has been removed when possession of the bicycle has changed. Only one CSU Bicycle License can be affixed to any bicycle at one time. If a bicycle is stolen, lost, or destroyed, the owner should notify CSUPD as soon as possible so that a notation can be made on the registration form and a police report filed.